Adam Hills destroys Joan Rivers for her Adele comments.
Archetypes | WOMAN KING
And she speaks in a voice that sets men trembling, with eyes painted gold and a throne built on the bones of those who would challenge her rule. Cults of ascetics dance ecstasies in her honour and write her words in blood across their altars. Her body is a holy temple and her power springs from the divine source of her own terrible will. She is not of mortal flesh, they will whisper, as she wheels on her stallion and screams warchants to the heavens, emerging from battle wreathed in the blood and soil of a new kingdom. She rules with iron fists, with the cracking of cathedrals, with the love and the fear of her vast wild armies. She harbours a sword within her unquiet roaring heart, and with it has carved herself a new space, outside of law or nature or humankind. She is the mother of an empire; she is the mother of herself. Watch her rise.
someone on facebook posted this intending it to be negative but instead it’s INCREDIBLE. go girl scouts
God I hope this is all true because if so EXTRA THIN MINTS FOR ME THIS YEAR.
i will alWAYS REBLOG THIS
BLESS THIS POST
“If I ran for Sudan, I would be betraying my people. I would be dishonoring the two million people who died for our freedom. I want to bring honor to my country. People who just want glory, the spotlight of the Olympics, they don’t care about other people. I’m fighting for independent status because I do care. When I run, I want people to see me and say, ‘He is from South Sudan.’”
- Guor Marial, running under the Independent Olympic Athletes flag in London, 2012
My ancestors lived here same as yours.
So why’re you fighting us?
The best campaign counter-attack video I HAVE EVER SEEN. Obama 2012
”So we’re going to call their BS when we see it and we need your help to call them on it too and set the record straight. So share this, tweet it, facebook it, I keep hearing about tumblr and whatever that is…please use that too. Thank you.”
-Stephanie Cutter / Deputy Campaign Manager at Obama for America.
And a Tumblr shout-out.
Okay. Reasons that this scene is the best thing ever include but are by no means limited to:
- how well Maisie Williams is holding her own here, I mean here she is playing against this amazing veteran actor and she’s just bringing it
- the way this is like her fucked-up revenge fantasy of what she wishes her brother could do to the Lannisters
- but she’s already disillusioned enough to know it’s a fantasy
- because “anyone can be killed” is an implicit threat to Tywin but it’s also an acknowledgement of the fact that she or Robb or anyone else can bite it at any time
- (because apparently Arya has already read ASOIAF and knows how fucked they all are)
- and let’s talk about the fact that this kid just threatened Tywin Lannister
- TYWIN FUCKING LANNISTER
- whose own kids can barely look him in the face when they’re talking to him
- his kids who are grownups and have killed kings and won battles and run kingdoms are terrified of him
- and he looks at Arya and thinks “why aren’t my kids awesome like you”
- “you’re like five years old and you just threatened me, you little badass”
- (‘cause don’t think for a second that Tywin doesn’t get the subtext here)
- “why do my children have to be such cringing little asshats”
- (but of course Tywin is the one who made them into cringing little asshats.)
Even if you don’t watch Game of Thrones, read the reasons. Seriously, it’s fucking worth it.
“A bully called my friends and I “The Fruit basket.” We were inspired. Here are our uniforms for our school’s dodgeball tournament.”
This is how James May of Top Gear lost his job at Autocar.
I love him even more now
my Dad has this issue and he showed me and it was the most hilarious thing ever :’)
In 1967, Kathrine Switzer was the first woman to run the Boston marathon. After realizing that a woman was running, race organizer Jock Semple went after Switzer shouting, “Get the hell out of my race and give me those numbers.” However, Switzer’s boyfriend and other male runners provided a protective shield during the entire marathon.The photographs taken of the incident made world headlines, and Kathrine later won the NYC marathon with a time of 3:07:29. [Wiki]